Olayinka is a Senior Associate with the firm. With his over a decade experience in high profile private and commercial disputes, Olayinka has acquired significant experience in the art of persuasion, advocacy, litigation and knowledge of the practice and procedure of superior courts and tribunals in Nigeria. He has handled and argued contentious applications in disputes arising from various subject areas of law and courtroom trials. He acted as part of a team of lawyers that represented gubernatorial and National Assembly candidates at various election petition tribunals including at the appellate court. He acted as part of the team of lawyers to a consortium in respect of disputes arising from the construction of the USD 250 Million, Airport Terminal under a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) and also relating to the multibillion-naira road expansion and construction under a Build, Operate and Transfer arrangement. Olayinka is currently part of the team of lawyers that advising a major multinational oil company in a multi-billion-naira oil spillage claim.
Olayinka has established a professional reputation for dealing with matters that relates to the protection of intellectual property rights and is also a member of several organizations that promotes intellectual property rights. In December 2019, Olayinka was appointed by the International Trademarks Association (INTA), New York, USA to serve as a member of its committee on Data Protection Committee for 2020-2022. He is a member of the Global Intellectual Property & Business Lawyers and also a member of the Patent and Intellectual Property Practitioners.
Olayinka has rendered legal advisory services to both private and corporate clients in various areas of law, particularly relating to business, regulatory compliance and risk management. He advised one of the major players in the power sector in various aspects of its business performance to ensure optimum implementation and delivery on its mandate. He advised an international NGO in establishing its presence in Nigeria.
Olayinka is in the Abuja office of the Firm and has displayed an in depth understanding of the political process and of how government institutions work, think and act. He works closely with regulatory authorities in order to ensure that the Firm is alive to the current and future issues that clients may face in their operations in Nigeria and also to give comprehensive advice to assist clients in developing the appropriate commercial strategies informed by practical implementation insights of government practices.
Olayinka has also acquired a reputation to think commercially and understand the business strategy of clients in finding solutions to challenges. He has acquired skill in various alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in resolving varying disputes and has been involved in various negotiations and mediations as a better approach towards meeting the commercial needs of clients.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Association of Professional Negotiators and Mediators, Nigeria
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), Nigerian Chapter
- Member, Data Protection Committee of the International Trademarks Association, for 2020-2022
- Global Intellectual Property & Business Lawyers
- Notary Public of Nigeria
- Olayinka Arasi, “Intellectual property rights for the pharmaceutical industry and public health interest in a post covid19 new world”: paper presented on 30th July 2020 at the webinar organized by Babalakin&Co focusing on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Olayinka Arasi, “Repositioning the Nigerian Legal Profession to provide specialized legal services : paper presented at the 2015 Nigerian Bar Association, Young Lawyers Summit, Benin, Edo State
- Olayinka Arasi, “The Art of Persuasion: A veritable tool in the hands of an Advocate (Publication of essays in Honour of Hon. Justice G.A Oguntade (JSC) (Rtd): ‘’A Gentleman Per Excellence’’ – February 2008
- Olayinka Arasi “Alternative Dispute Resolution; a panacea to the delay in the administration of justice in Nigeria.