Mabel undertakes a broad range of work in the firm’s Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial practice groups. She also works closely with the Energy and Natural Resources group.
She handles a wide range of complex, high profile, commercial litigation for first tier financial institutions, as well as regulators in the Oil & Gas sector amongst others. She implements innovative litigation strategies when representing clients in various sectors in commercial disputes and participates in domestic and international arbitration.
She regularly advices client in the Fintech space on regulatory and compliance issues, in addition to negotiating and drafting contracts which relate to payment services, financial, electronic/mobile money services, IP creation, exploitation and protection, amongst others.
Mabel has a keen eye for detail as a result, she consistently represents clients in cross border commercial transactions.
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Capital Market Solicitors Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Board Member, NBA Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Membership & Data Management Committee, NBA Lagos Branch
- Continuing Legal Education & Mentorship Committee; NBA Lagos Branch
- A multinational oil company in a complex and contentions arbitration involving disputes over loss of commingled crude oil in excess of million barrels.
- A state-owned oil company in an action to set aside an arbitral award made in London in the dispute between several IOCs in respect of the joint development and production of certain unit area which straddled two oil mining leases. An appeal is pending at the Supreme Court.
- 1st tier multinational financial institution for the recovery of a multi-currency credit facility secured by a negative pledge through a debt assets swap deal/settlement deed without resorting to litigation.
- Several banks for the recovery of non-performing loans as well as other technically intricate commercial litigations.
- An indigenous petroleum company in a successful cross border joint venture/asset sale transaction, where its bitumen business was hived off to a SPV and 60% equity transferred to a prominent international energy company.
- Various clients in high-net-worth power, mining, real estate and financing transactions.
- Pro bono representation for inmate
- Legal clinics for start-ups and FinTech’s
- Keynote address: “Harnessing Renewable Energy for Inclusive Development in an Uncertain Future: the Legal Perspectives”, African Institute for Science Policy and Innovation (AISPI), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife; 12 July 2021
- Panelist: “The Art of Legal Business” Young Wig’s Virtual Conference, 12 December 2020
- Moderator: “The Nigerian Pharmaceutical Industry in the crucible of Covid-19” B&C’s Webinar, 30 July 2020
- “The Role of a Senior Associates in a Modern Law Firm”; Webinar with Akinwumi & Busari LP, 13 June 2020
- “Legal Matters 101”, SME Clinic; Techpoint Build, 26th January2019
- “Regulating Fintech in Nigeria & Financial Inclusion” https://techpoint.africa/2018/12/10/regulating-fintech-nigeria/