Mabel undertakes a broad range of work in the firm’s Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial practice groups. She also works closely with the Energy and Natural Resources group.
She handles a wide range of complex, high profile, commercial litigation for first tier financial institutions, as well as regulators in the Oil & Gas sector amongst others. She implements innovative litigation strategies when representing clients in various sectors in commercial disputes and participates in domestic and international arbitration.
She regularly advices client in the Fintech space on regulatory and compliance issues, in addition to negotiating and drafting contracts which relate to payment services, financial, electronic/mobile money services, IP creation, exploitation and protection, amongst others.
Mabel has a keen eye for detail as a result, she consistently represents clients in cross border commercial transactions.
- Worked on a N30 billion private commodities notes issuance programme on behalf of a client
- Advised on a cross-border commodities trade involving the sale of dematerialized exchange traded certificates backed by precious metals certified by the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA).
- Part of a team that advised on a N500 Million fixed income funds and US$ 2 million Dollar funds.
- Advised a client on a private placement issuance for N15 billion commercial promissory notes.
- Legal advisory for a client regarding a complex multi-currency finance transactions for 1st tier banks providing credit facilities involving multinationals and indigenous companies.
- Part of team that worked on a cross boarder joint venture/asset sale transaction involving an indigenous petroleum company and a major energy company.
- Acted for a major financial institution in respect of mortgage originator portal
- Acted for a client in respect of developing a digital trading portal for LBMA certified precious metals.
- Acted for a client regarding cross-border sale and purchase of gold doré bars transaction
- Part of team regarding post-arbitration litigation challenging an award rendered in London involving a state-owned oil company and several International Oil Companies (IOCs) in respect of a unitized field.
- Part of team that handled arbitration involving IOCs over crude oil dispute involving approximately US$170 million.
- Team lead in respect of complex litigation applying freezing orders against personal guarantors in respect of multi-currency loans and the recovery of approximately N3billion for a 1st tier financial institution.
- Team lead regarding debt asset swap deal for the recovery of up to ₦97 billion depositors’ funds of a 1st tier bank.
- Team lead regarding vessel management arrangement structured in respect of a dive support vessel for the recovery of US$57 million for a 1st tier bank.
- Appointed Secretary for the Board of the Nigerian Bar Association, Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- Appointed Secretary, Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- Appointed Executive Committee Member, Capital Market Solicitors Association.
- Appointed Member, Membership & Data Management Committee, Nigerian Bar Association, Lagos Branch.
- Appointed Member, Continuing Legal Education & Mentorship Committee, Nigerian Bar Association, Lagos Branch.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association.
- Member, Capital Market Solicitors Association