Lawrence is a Senior Associate in the firm’s dispute resolution and corporate/commercial practice sub-group. Lawrence specializes in Commercial Litigation, International Commercial Arbitration, Insolvency, Blockchain/ /FinTech Legal Advisory Services. Lawrence regularly provides accurate, timely and effective legal opinion to wild range of corporate, individual and start-ups both locally and internationally. He has also been actively involved in case management and strategy building in diverse and complex litigation processes and has represented the interests of clients in different Arbitral Tribunals and courts.
Overtime, Lawrence has demonstrated great capability and superb understanding in his chosen areas of specialisation. His research ability and desire to get positive results is exceptional. This have largely resulted to significant positive outcomes in arbitrations, litigations, and legal advisory services he has been involved in. Lawrence is skilled in trial advocacy, legal research, case analysis, legal writing and advisory.
- Nigerian Bar Association;
- Nigerian Bar Association, Section on Business Law;
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK
- Member, Innovation Law Club Africa (ILCA);
- Young Member, Singapore International Arbitration Centre;
- Member, Young International Arbitration Group of the London Court of International Arbitration;
- Member, Asian International Arbitration Centre – Young Practitioners’ Group;
- Member, Lagos Court of Arbitration – Young Arbitrators’ Network (“LCA-YAN”);
- Member, LCA-YAN, Research and Publication Team;
- Member, International Chamber of Commerce – Young Arbitrators’ Forum.
- Associate Member – Business Recovery & insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria
- The Extent of the Rights of Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (“AMCON”) over the Security of Acquired Mortgage Loan: Could Sections 34 (1), 35 and 45 of AMCON Act, Cease the Appointment of Company’s Liquidator? – Published by The Gravitas Law Review of Business & Property Law, September 2020, Vol. 11 No.3 at Page 90 – 102.
- The Dialectics of the Court of Appeal Pronouncements on Non-Arbitrability of Tax Disputes In Nigeria: Drawing a Distinction Between Tax and Contractual Disputes in Nigeria – Published at the Lagos Court of Arbitration – Young Arbitrators‟ Network Blog. 13.
- “Section 285 (6) & (7) of the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), An Access to Justice?” (2014) Published In the Maiden Edition of the Wigs Magazine of the Students‟ Representatives Council Lagos Campus, Nigerian Law School.”
- The Unmasking of a Legend” (2013) – A non-fictional prose – Published by Diamond Pen Publishing Company.
- “Hearsay Evidence under the Nigerian Evidence Act, 2011 (as amended), a mere window dressing?” ( 2013) being a dissertation submitted for the award of LL.B Degree at Faculty of Law, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State.