Mobolaji is a partner in the firm and the pioneer Managing Editor of Optimum Law Publishers Limited, the firm’s publishing unit and publishers of the Nigerian Monthly Law Reports (NMLR).
He is responsible for the firm’s media and telecommunications, information technology, trademarks and patents team. He started his legal career with the firm interspersed with a period spent in the United Kingdom as a solicitor providing expert legal advisory services to clients on a range of issues. Until recently, he maintained a popular weekly law report in “Thisday Lawyer”, a publication of the Thisday Newspaper.
- Advised and acted as Solicitor to a major international oil service company in Nigeria in a transaction involving the re-exportation of some of its equipment and machineries valued at over Seven Billion which were on the country’s export prohibition list; Led the team of Solicitors that got Presidential approval which allowed the company to re-export the machineries
- Successfully represented a state-Owned Oil Corporation in a tax dispute of approximately Ficve Million Dollars before the Federal High Court.
- Advised an International Data Controller in setting up a local entity in Nigeria in compliance with Nigerian laws on Data Protection
- Has advised a leading legal software provider on various issues including intellectual property protection, data protection, internal restructuring, incentives under the Nigeria Startup Act and Compliance with the company regulations in Nigeria and prepared documentation required to set up the company’s affairs.
- Has rendered legal advisory services to a leading financial group on project finance, data protection and compliance with extant local laws in Nigeria.
- Dual professional qualifications in England and Wales and Nigeria
- Appointed Managing Editor, Nigerian Monthly Law Reports (NMLR)
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association, Nigeria
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, International Bar Association