Mobolaji is a partner in the firm and the pioneer Managing Editor of Optimum Law Publishers Limited, the firm’s publishing unit and publishers of the Nigerian Monthly Law Reports (NMLR).
He is responsible for the firm’s media and telecommunications, information technology, trademarks and patents team. He started his legal career with the firm interspersed with a period spent in the United Kingdom as a solicitor providing expert legal advisory services to clients on a range of issues. Until recently, he maintained a popular weekly law report in “Thisday Lawyer”, a publication of the Thisday Newspaper.
- Part of the team of solicitors that advised a major International software company in respect of its Nigerian activities including providing legal advisory work on intellectual property, establishing a corporate governance framework, company secretarial and general legal services to support its operations in Nigeria.
- Advising a technology free zone management company in Nigeria on legal and regulatory aspects of its operations.
- Advising a major ICT company on its operations in Nigeria.
Assisted a new online business with its trademarks registration in Nigeria as well as on operational matters;
- Advised a local subsidiary of a leading independent telecommunications infrastructure company in Africa on compliance, debt recovery and insolvency.
- Generally acting for a number of clients in respect of their compliance issues, permits and approvals at the CAC, Trademark, Patent and Design registries in Nigeria.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Chartered Institute of Taxation, Nigeria